Saturday, June 4, 2011

Today is awesome!!!

So I have been really worried about my exchange to Japan because there was so much legal stuff to do and it was all sooooo complicated.  Host family problems made it worse and I am been really nervous.  BUT! This morning I came back from going to the dentist and my mom found a really exciting mail in our mailbox! It was my Visa to Japan!!!!!! <3 :) I was so excited because there were these problems with the application and stuff and because I didn't have some documents, I couldn't apply. At least that's what my dad told me. But apparently after he tried to turn in my Visa application on Wednesday and got rejected because of the missing documents, he called YFU and asked for them.  I thought it was going to take at least a week for YFU to give him the stuff but thy actually got it to him with a day or so and apparently my Visa application got turned in. I am just so amazed at how fast everything went! Maybe because I am going as an exchange student, my Visa got approved a lot faster. It's supposed to take about 5 business days for a Visa to be approved, but it hasn't even been 4 days since my dad first went on Wednesday and it obviously got delayed for a day or so because YFU needed to give us some extra documents. AND it takes about a day to mail something from Detroit to my city. So I guess my Visa got approved in a day or less! lol that makes me happy because that's just a huge burden off my chest. Now I don't have to worry about whether or not I can get a Visa and still go.  I was really worried about that for a while.... now things are much more certain!

Today is just so awesome! Later this afternoon, my whole family is going on an overnight trip to Ludington, Michigan just so I can attend the in-state orientation there. I thought it was just going to be my dad and me but apparently everyone's going so it will be a lot more fun! Gosh today is totally my lucky day or something with so many great things happening to me :)

Remember to stay tuned to my Youtube channel because I will be posting a video about my in-state orientation tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad everything is working out for you! And I hope that your host family situation gets better :(

    I can't wait to see your video about the orientation ;) I hope it goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I really hope my host family problem works out too :)

    ReplyDelete