Friday, June 10, 2011

Good Day...Bad Day

So it's officially a week before I leave for orientation in California. I am soooo excited because I have met so many amazing fellow exchangers on our Facebook group and I can't wait to meet them all at orientation.  :D Today has been a pretty interesting day.  It sucks because next week is finals so I have a ton of studying to do.  It also started pouring on my way home from school.  I have a 7th hour and since 7th hours are optional, the school doesn't provide buses for us poor overachievers lol. So most people ride the city bus home. And since you have to walk out of the school to get the bus stop and it's actually like a 5 minute walk away, I of course got soaked. Then I had to transfer buses and while waiting for the second bus, I got soaked again! And then on my way walking back from the bus stop to my house, I got soaked a third time so I am kinda grumpy about that.  I am one of those people who doesn't really like rain.  Since I live close to Detroit, the rain is full of dust and pollution and icky stuff from Detroit's factories.  It's not like acid rain or anything, but it's hardly clean compared to other cities.  On top of that, rain always makes the soil muddy and gritty and since I was wearing flip-flops, it got everywhere on my feet.... yeah so it wasn't an enjoyable trip home.  But someone did make my day today.  I wore my YFU t-shirt to school today because I wanted to before school ended and in the middle of the day, someone pointed at me and said "hey! YFU!" I was like "OMG! Yeah!" lol it was pretty exciting for me that someone recognized YFU. but it's not really surprising because there are soooo many freaking exchange students at my school and I am sure a lot of them went through YFU.

Anyway, this weekend is going to be super busy with finals studying and preparation for Japan.... I hope I have time to do everything :D

Also, another Vlog I just made.  It talks about my host family and stuff. BEWARE! I did a lot of complaining in the video :P so.... just be prepared

No comments:

Post a Comment