Friday, June 10, 2011

Busy Weekend Ahead!!!

Hey! Two posts in one day? I think that's a record.... or actually maybe not. Well anyway, this weekend is going to be soooo hectic and busy with finals coming up next week and still so much to do to prepare for Japan! I am actually really tired right now because I got like no sleep this past week. But then again, I usually get no sleep anyway. I don't stay up all night, I just get an average of 4 and 1/2 hours of sleep and apparently that's supposed to kill you if you do that for too long. or at least that's what my dad says, but I am not sure if I believe him... Still I decided a make a blog post of what I will be doing this weekend.  First, my dad and I are going to the bank tomorrow morning, before it closes and we will be getting traveler's checks and exchange dollars into yen.  Traveler's checks are probably the best way to carry around money in a foreign country. You basically store money in it, then you can take that money out in a different country.  It's also really safe because if you lose it, you won't lose any money because the thief can't access it for some reason. So we are probably getting 3 traveler's checks worth 200$ each.  Then we will also be exchanging about $200 into yen so I can use that immediately at the airport and in Tokyo without having to make a mad dash to the exchange counter at the airport.  And let me tell you! I am planning to buy soooo much stuff in Tokyo! (or maybe not because my parents will probably get mad about my loose spending :P) But since my host family isn't in a big city, I am going to do as much as possible during the 2-3 days I am in Tokyo! :) $200 is roughly 20,000 yen which may seem like a lot but things in America that cost $1, cost about 100 yen in Japan so even though the exchange rate multiplies each dollar by 100, you are still spending the same amount of money technically because of the higher prices in Japan.  Anyway, exchanging currency takes about 2 business days at my bank... but other exchange students to Japan this summer on our facebook group said their bank took 10 days so maybe it's different for every bank. Anyway, I will also be shopping for a TON of stuff!

Here's the list of things I need to buy:

  • Plug adapter
  • Japanese learning books
  • Host family presents
  • Maybe a journal... but since I am keeping a blog and a Vlog, I probably won't need one. Besides it's so much faster to type things on a blog and I have no patience to write things out
  • Other miscellaneous things, like clothing especially a blue/black skirt and some black flats, and whatever else I can't think of right now
On top of all that, I have to start packing and studying for my finals next week.  I am seriously going to have to go without sleep this week... I hope I don't die before I go to Japan lol >_<

And wish me luck with my host family!!!!!! I really hope things work out. If you don't know what I mean, read my previous post and watch my Vlogs! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment