Sunday, June 26, 2011

School Tomorrow!!!

So guess what? lol you probably already know... but I start school tomorrow!!! I go for about 3 and a half weeks which seems to be the average amount of school most exchange students go for.  I still wish I could go for a longer period of time though... but the good thing is, there are so many kids in my class who are my next door neighbors so I can hang out with them even after school ends.  Actually, I already met four of the girls in my class because my host parents invited them over a couple of times :) lol it's so hilarious talking with Japanese girls who don't know very much English... dictionaries really come in handy. >_<


This is my outfit for tomorrow.  The shirt is the actual shirt from their uniform (the school provided the uniform. Thank goodness!) but the skirt is one I brought.  I was supposed to wear the actual skirt form their uniform but the one they gave me was wayyyyy too long.  It came down to almost my ankles and Japanese uniform skirts are so freaking thick and hot so there was no way I could wear that for 8 hours everyday.  It would also take too long to go to a tailor and get it shortened since I just got my uniform today so we decided to just use the skirt I brought.  The school headmaster said it was fine so I think it will be okay.  The backpack is my host parents'.  They gave it to me for school.  Technically you are supposed to use the school bookbag that's like a laptop bag shaped thing but apparently, a lot of students use their own backpack. So I am doing that too.  Backpacks are also so much easier to carry.  I don't know if I will be getting textbooks, probably not.  But I will be bringing pencils, pens, (I really need to buy a pencil case), a notebook, a folder, jelly beans to give out to classmates, school shoes, itouch (for taking videos), and a hankerchief (cuz schools are really hot), The shoes are legit uniform shoes and my host parents had to go out and buy them.  They cost 33,000 yen... which is like $33.  I think that's such a rip-off and I offered to pay for them but my host parents wouldn't let me.  Anyway, I hope I don't stand out too much with this outfit... >_>

I will be recording a video of my walk to school (if I remember to anyway) and of parts of my school day (if the school lets me lol).  hahaha well even if they don't, I will record lunchtime and stuff. I also have a bunch of footage from when I went shopping with my host mom earlier today and some other random stuff.  So be on the lookout for my next Vlog!!! :P lol I surprisingly have a lot of access to the computer and Internet... probably because I cut into my sleep and go on the computer lol :) Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy reading my blog and watching my vlogs. Bye! Dinner Time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment