Monday, June 13, 2011

Delay on Host Family Presents...

Okay... so I know I was supposed to get the rest of my host family gifts today but for some reason that didn't happen.  I went to a couple stores and stuff but the original souvenir shop I wanted to go to was like missing or something lol. Maybe I just got the wrong address or something, but I just couldn't find it so then I went to a different store and bought a pink Michigan t-shirt there for my host mom. I was so excited about finding that one because I was worried I wouldn't be able to find something for her that was Michigan themed since the shirts everywhere else were blue or gray.  I guess blue and gray aren't that gender specific... but I feel it's weird to give my host dad a Michigan baseball hat and then give my host family a BLUE Michigan shirt.... so I am glad I found a more feminine one.  I was hoping to find some other souvenirs, like maybe a photo book of my city or just Michigan in general, but since I couldn't find that souvenir shop, I wasn't able to find any.  I guess I should go to a different souvenir shop maybe? Anyway since finals are this week, I really won't have any time to go to shopping until Thursday which is the last day of finals. I should really be studying for finals right now... but Japan is pretty distracting :P Anyway, so instead of making a separate Vlog about my host family gifts, I might have to cram that into my Vlog the night before Friday. That one is getting pretty long... I am planning to show my host family gifts, talk about bringing money to Japan, show you what I packed, and basically get super hyper about the next day (because that's when I am leaving)!!! I will be waking up pretty early... maybe 7 a.m.? Because I have a flight from Detroit to Chicago at 10:16 and I arrive at 10:28 (hahaha isn't the time difference soooo fun? It's like it only takes me 12 minutes to get to Chicago. That's like faster than a round trip to my nearest grocery store.)  Then I have a two hour layover in Chicago and ride a plane to San Francisco at 12:14 p.m. I get there at 2:52 p.m. and then I head to UC Berkeley!!!

Picture of University of California in Berkeley. I have never been to CA except once when I was really little... so I am very excited to be going there as well :) Except I don't think we have any time to go and explore the city... I am pretty sure we are crammed with things to do the second we get there lol

Compared to the other exchange students, apparently I get to UC Berkeley super early... most people don't get there until 5 p.m. and one girl doesn't get there until 9 p.m. O_O

lol this is getting me so excited!!!  Ja Ne!

No comments:

Post a Comment