Friday, June 24, 2011

Adventures With My Host Family

So yesterday, June 23rd was my first full day with my host family.  My host dad is pretty intense lol and he planned a bunch of stuff.  After lunch we went to a small art museum near the town.  It had some really weird stuff lol :) The only things I really liked were some of the sculptures.  Probably my favorite one is this:


It's so beautiful and the birds are so intricately made... I also liked this one thing in the art store gift shop.  They had a bunch of art pieces on sale but most of them were outrageously expensive lol.  I really liked the apples on a carved wooden chair... actually the apples were the only part I liked >_<


Sugoi ne? haha after the art museum, we drove around. Since Asago is pretty much the countryside, there were a lot of cool scenic places and we visited those.  Unfortunately, I really didn't have that great of a time.  The only reason for that is because I was with two people who are in their mid sixties.  I really don't have that much common language with them... so it was really awkward at times.  ehhhh I will rant more about that tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment