Friday, June 24, 2011

Adventures in Tokyo

It's 10:30 in Asago, Hyogo, Japan right now and I am going to post a bunch of times in a row.... lol I hope this doesn't take too long.  So first, I stayed in Tokyo for one night.  We got there around 5 pm and my group had dinner at 5:30.  The second group had dinner at 7.  After dinner, we basically had the rest of the day to ourselves so even though we technically weren't allowed to go outside the hotel, pshhhh we still did :) at least a lot of people did.  I think some just stayed inside and watched TV lol.... pathetic ;D Anyway, the good thing is there was this huge mall that was basically connected to the hotel so it wasn't hard to find places to shop and stuff.  I am just really sad that I didn't get to visit Harajuku and Akihabara.  It would have been sooooo awesome if I got to shop there. Maybe at the end of my exchange trip when I go back to Tokyo to return to the US? Actually I don't even know if I go to Tokyo to take a flight back to America or if I go through Kobe Airport which is a lot closer.... ughhhh I really wanted to go shopping in Tokyo! Especially since a lot of my friends wanted me to get them souvenirs from those places >_> ehhhh well I really hope I get a chance later on.  Anyway, my friend Jessica and I did a bunch of window shopping in the mall near our hotel because the prices were unbelievably high.... I don't know why anyone would buy such expensive products lol but I did buy a kawaii pen and pencil, headphones, and melon bread.  The melon bread was oishii! and I love collecting pens and pencils (even if they are super expensive).  But the headphones were such a ripoff! I am still pissed about them.... I wanted some super cool headphones from Japan and I was excited because they were only 400 yen which is pretty cheap but I should have know the quality would suck.  The headphones don't even fit my ears and they keep falling out.  The sound quality is really crappy and part of it was broken when I bought it. Yeah a huge ripoff D:< I also wasted a couple hundred yen on a stuffed animal crane game.  It was even more unfair than the ones in America! The crane claws were so loose they probably couldn't even pick up something as light as a feather let alone a heavy stuffed animal.... Then I spent 200 yen on a candy game.  That was pretty fun and I actually got a bunch of yummy Japanese candy from it :)


lol and of course... there was PURIKURA!!!!! haha that was really awesome!!!! Jessica and I did purikura twice and split the cost so we each payed 400 yen. The first time we did it, we were really confused because we couldn't figure out where the pictures came out.  We had to ask these people who worked at the bowling alley near the purikura and it turned out that you have to first go to another booth outside the picture taking booth to decorate your pictures before they are printed.... lol so confusing.  Anyway, here's some pictures

hahahaha kawaii ne?

Purikura booth

I had a great time in Tokyo even though I couldn't do a lot of the stuff I wanted to... I hope I get a chance to go back and do some hardcore shopping before I leave Japan :D Also, the town where my host family lives is really small and I have really seen any interesting shops to go to or any fun ways to spend money lol and I really don't want to go back to America without a bunch of awesome souvenirs and experiences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment