Saturday, June 11, 2011

New Mail From YFU!

So today, my dad and I went to the bank and got 5 traveler's checks of 100$ each and then exchanged about 300$ into yen.  The yen will take about 2 business days to get here so I won't have that until next Tuesday.  But I do already have the traveler's checks! I will post about that and make a video about it once I get my yen. Upcoming is also a video and post about my host family presents! I will probably just post the video instead of writing a post about it though because that's much easier than taking picture of all the presents and uploading them on here.  Anyway, the main point is that today, I got more mail from YFU! I got my flight itinerary and apparently it serves as my ticket because my flight ticket is electronic, so I just have to bring the itinerary... hmmm I hope that's right anyway. I also know what seats I will be sitting in now for my flights.  For the flight from Detroit to Chicago and then to San Francisco and for the flight from Tokyo back to San Francisco, I will be sitting next to two other girls who got the same scholarship as me! (the Japan Business Society of Detroit Scholarship)  We actually already met each other at the lunch we had with our sponsors and one of the girls is on the Facebook group too :) I really want the other girl to join... but I am not friends with her on Facebook. Maybe I should add her? Well anyway, other than the flight info, I also got some other super cool things!!!!



The first picture is my YFU nametag I need to wear so YFU staff guides can recognize me at the airport and stuff.  It also has a cool pouch so I can put things like my passport, travel checks, money, and other valuables in it. It even has these pen holder things! I am really excited about that because I am pretty weird like that... but I think I will probably have to sign a lot of things and stuff along the way to San Francisco and that will be really convenient lol :D

The second picture is my suitcase tags.  I tie those to my suitcases so that when I am looking for them at the baggage claim area, they are easy to find.  Also, they have my name, address, etc on the back so if the suitcase gets lost, it will be sent to YFU and YFU will send it to me.  I am not sure why they gave me three when you can only have two suitcases... maybe an extra one in case you lose one... or maybe the third one is for your carry-on bag?  Well anyway, I am really excited to have these two things because they make me feel so much more legitimate since I will be going around with this cool nametag that like company employees wear when they go on a whole company business trip or something... lol and the suitcase tags just make my suitcases that much more awesome XD

No comments:

Post a Comment