Sunday, June 12, 2011

Some Good News Maybe?

Today I found out some news that might be good news... yeah well anyway my dad told me that apparently the reason my host family never picked up the phone when we called was because they were in Europe! Maybe they were there for vacation or maybe for work... but at least now I know they weren't ignoring my calls or staying out really late and not coming home.  Yeah and my dad also said they speak english! Which is soooo awesome! Because sadly, I know very little Japanese and it would be so awkward if we were unable to communicate with each other lol. But they speak english so that won't be a problem.  It will also be easier for them to teach me a little Japanese because they will know the meaning in English :D The last part is the best news...but it's also just mainly me guessing based on what I know of them.  Since they went on such a long trip to Europe, I am assuming they are relatively well off and pretty outgoing.... and most likely more young than old. I am also hoping this means they have WiFi.... If this is all true, I think I will have more in common with them and they would be more willing to take me to lots of places around Japan. I mean if I am not going to school there, then they have to do something with me right? Or else I am just going to sit around at home all day lol.  My dad says he's going to call my host family tomorrow... Maybe they are getting back from Europe tomorrow? I am not sure... but I feel like I should be the one calling, not my parent lol.  At least that's what all the other exchange students did, they called themselves.  My parents are so overprotective so they probably want to make sure my host family isn't full of crazy rapists.  Anyway, I think I will call them myself after my dad does just to get to know them better...

3 comments:

  1. Well that's AWESOME that you're host parents seem pretty gosh darn awesome! Europe! I bet they'll have so many fun things to tell you about Europe! Maybe they're getting you in to school right after they come back. :) Plus they seem really adventurous, so I'm sure they'll take you all over the place! ;D See you in like 4 days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOOO! i had a feeling ;)
    Hope you enjoy your time traveling world wide with them!! A senior i knew also said one year in YFU, her friend's host parents were also like this.
    They were always on the move due to work so she got to travel with them while studying japanese!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha Taylor! I know right??? FOUR DAYS!!!! GAHHH so exciting. And yeah maybe you're right about the school... I sure hope so >_<

    Krisine, I don't think they will be taking me around the world lol. that would be fun but I would prefer staying in Japan anyway... because that's what my exchange is supposed to be about.

    ReplyDelete