Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Last Day of School

I just got back from my last day of school maybe half an hour ago.  So I think this is the first time I have ever posted so early... but today was sooooooo amazing! My whole class threw me a farewell party and a bunch of people from the other third year classes also came. I am not quite sure how we had the time to have the party though. I think everyone stayed after even though school had technically ended for it.  First three boys did a really hilarious skit.  I didn't really understand it though because it was in Japanese and stuff but it was still funny.  Then a group of 5 girls danced to Heavy Rotation by AKB48.  AKB48 is the most popular band in Japan right now and you guessed it! There's 48 members, all girls >_> It's pretty crazy.  They will probably get less popular as time goes on though.  So you may be reading this like 5 or 10 years from now and say AKB48? Who are they? lol... I seriously feel nostalgic already even though I haven't left yet.  I am making this blog and my Vlog on Youtube and they are going to hold all of my most precious memories of Japan.  I will be able to look back on them in the future and... ok this is seriously making me sad.  And I am sad enough already right now.  I feel like my heart has fallen out T_T Anyway, the dance and skit were really good but they were more funny than sad.  But after that, all of the girls in the class got up and read the letters they had written to me.  Most of them were pretty standard because their english isn't that good:  "thank you. We really enjoyed these six weeks.  We will miss you.  See you again".  But after that, the whole class and the people from other classes stood up and sang a really beautiful song. At first, people were really quite and you could only hear the voice from the CD that was playing.  But then people started singing louder and louder and it was sooooo amazing!!!! I started crying and I could see everyone singing along in this farewell song for me.  Then they gave me a really big card with lots of pictures of me at the school and everyone's signatures on it.  I also got a huge bag of presents.  The teacher said a girl bought it for me... but I am not sure who... >_< I really want to know who so my mind can be at peace.  The presents were really awesome.  There was a really cute bag, a traditional Japanese outfit, and a towel.  I am not sure about the towel but the other stuff I really liked! I just don't know if I will have any chances to wear the outfit in America :( After that, the party was over... and everyone packed up. I slowly left and tried to say goodbye to as many people as possible.  Everyone shook hands with me lol? I guess that's what they think American's do... but American kids aren't really big on handshaking.  But I know that Japanese people don't really like hugging so I just shook their hands.  Then I slowly left my classroom and I started crying again and I saw a couple other girls crying and that just made it worse... and I slowly left the school and cried all the way home (which is only a 2 minute walk) and then got home, went to my room and cried for a little more.  I am so depressed right now and I haven't even left Japan yet.  I can't bear to think how sad I will be when I am back in America.  Seriously... I really wish I could stay for a whole year T_T

This post has probably been somewhat boring... but I will put up a video about my last day of school so... that will be a lot more detailed and a lot more interesting.  This is just a prediction right now, but I think Japan will change my life...forever......

No comments:

Post a Comment