Sunday, July 17, 2011

Ikuno Kozan Mine

Four days ago, on Wednesday my host parents took me to the Ikuno Kozan Copper and Silver Mine in one of the sections of Asago City.



Asago is split up into about 4 sections and the section I live in is supposed to be the center of Asago but it's actually the smallest section of Asago.  We drove about half an hour to the other section and visited the mine there.  It is no longer used for a mine and it's a tourist spot instead now.  It's super awesome because it's 13 degrees Celsius inside all year long.  So compared to the 30 degrees Celsius temperature outside, the mine is the coolest place in all of Asago.  I was kinda surprised that we had to pay for tickets... I mean it's a mine o.O lol I don't know, but I don't think it was that expensive.  I don't really know how much it was though because I didn't pay.  The mine was used quite a long time ago and there were these awesome displays of how mining was done back then.  There were fake dolls who looked like life-size humans and they were positioned as if they were mining.  The first time I saw one I was super creeped out because I thought it was real.


Anyway, the mine was pretty mine although kinda damp and icky.  There was water everywhere and so much dirty water dripped on my head... I also stepped in a bunch of puddles and got my feet and sandals all muddy and gross.  And the mine smelled really bad.... lol I have no idea why but it did.  It was like sulfur mixed with mold.  It was still fun to explore though and the cold felt soooooo good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment