Saturday, May 21, 2011

HEY! Self Intro and Some Other Info

Hi everyone! My name is Hannah and I was lucky enough to receive a scholarship to go to Japan as a foreign exchange student this summer for six weeks.  I am going throughout a program called Youth For Understanding (YFU) and my scholarship, the Japanese Business Society of Detroit, pays for the whole price except $1000.  Without a scholarship, the exchange trip would cost about $7500. I am super excited!!!!! There's going to be so much to do and I hope to document all of my adventures in this blog. I also have a Youtube channel where I will post Video Blogs. You should take a look at that as well because it will probably go more in depth on certain topics and once I am actually in Japan, there will be videos of my actual experiences :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/Hannah2Nihon

I will try to update as much as possible... but who knows what the situation will be like in Japan? My host family might not have WiFi (which would suck soooo much) or I might get extremely busy. But I will try my best to tell everyone what's been going on.

I leave for an orientation in California on June 17th but before that, there will be soooo much to do, like going to my in-state orientation, buying host family gifts, having dinner with my scholarship sponsors, etc. I will post on all of those events and hopefully give you guys some good advice on foreign exchange trips :)

No comments:

Post a Comment